9.1.06

belated holiday greetings and then some

belated holiday wishes to everyone - was too lazy to make any new updates lately.

for my Christmas gift, i went off to get myself an HP Pavilion A1238L yesterday. at ~P37k, 0% installment for 6 months, i think i have myself covered pretty well. why they only managed to release just ONE ad for this computer (so far anyway) has got me wondering though... could it have been related to the fact that the computer was supposed to be on the promotion last December, but the unit never made it in time? or maybe the newspaper ad was done wrong (which i doubt, since HP confirmed this for me).

well whatever the case, i'm still in the long process of setting up the computer for actual use, like moving my SB Live! in. too bad i might have to drop my LiveDrive in the process - there doesn't seem to be a free bay for me to drop it into. i'll figure this out as things move along.

in case you're one of the few people who's been looking for any further information about this particular computer, i'll get a quick review up when i have everything up and running. one thing you may want to be aware of though, is that this is a Venice core Athlon 64. also (and unfortunately for us), there doesn't seem to be any way to fiddle around with the multipliers, etc. etc. so no overclocking on this rig.

No comments: