for the interest of those (like me) who are looking for some lead as to how to make those interestingly orange-tinged street food:
kwek-kwek (or tukneneng, depending on the eggs you're using)
1 dozen peeled hard boiled quail eggs (or chicken eggs)
1 cup flour
1/2 cup water
few drops of food coloring (orange?)
salt and pepper to taste
1. put the quail eggs in a clean plastic bag/zip lock, with 1/4 cup flour. shake em until eggs are evenly coated.
2. mix all remaining ingredients exept cooking oil. used a wire whisk or fork, mix it to a smooth batter.
3. dump those little eggs to the batter.
4. put enough cooking oil for deep frying in a shallow pan. heat it.
5. spoon out those eggs from the batter and chuck it in the hot cooking oil.
6. wait till it cooks, about a minute or so. until the coating is crispy.
7. serve with sweet gravy or vinegar.